67’s look to leapfrog Petes in Peterborough
The 67’s are hoping a quick jaunt to Peterborough this week will help them get back into the win column and inject a dose of confidence into the squad after a tough stretch.
With Thursday’s road tilt against the Petes the only game standing between now and the excitement of Sunday’s outdoor game against the Gatineau Olympiques, the 67’s are only focusing on the task at hand.
The Barber Poles are coming off a shootout loss to Sudbury but will look to score their second win of the season in as many tries against the Petes, whom the 67’s dispatched 4-3 in a shootout when the teams last met in early October. And while it’s only December, the 67’s trail the Petes by a single point in the Eastern Conference standing, with an Ottawa win pushing the club into fifth spot.
Peterborough Petes (15-14-1)
The Petes are coming off a 3-1 loss to Sarnia. The club is currently riding a two-game losing streak and haven’t won in regulation since November 24, a span of six games. The Petes, who trail the fourth-place Niagara IceDogs by five points in the Eastern Conference standings, are led by centre and Florida Panthers prospect Jonathan Ang, who has 15 goals and 35 points in 31 games this season. Expect to see Dylan Wells in goal for Peterborough on Thursday – the Petes netminder has appeared in 26 games this season, posting a 3-11-2 record with a 3.39 goals-against average and .903 save percentage.
- Centre Sasha Chmelevski leads the 67’s with 14 goals and 28 points in 31 games.
- Captain Travis Barron leads the club with 48 penalty minutes while also sitting second in team scoring with 24 points in 31 games.
- Though 27 and 21 games, respectively, winger Kody Clark and defenceman Carter Robertson are a team-best plus-4.
- Third-year 67’s centre Austen Keating will play his 150th OHL game in Peterborough.
- Rookie right-winger Graeme Clark and fellow winger Matt Foget lead the 67’s with four powerplay goals apiece.
How to tune in:
Thursday, December 14 vs Peterborough Petes (7:05 p.m.)
TV: Rogers TV | Online: OHL Live
Radio: TSN 1200 | TSN1200.ca