Happy Birthday Lucas!
The Ottawa 67’s would like to wish a happy birthday to defenceman Lucas Peric, who celebrates his 17th birthday today.
One of the younger members of the 67’s defensive corps, Peric has played in 28 games so far in his rookie season, chipping in with two goals and one assist.
Peric scored his first OHL goal at home against the Saginaw Spirit as the then-16-year-old fired a low shot through the legs of goalie Cameron Lamour. Ottawa went on to win that game 11-3.
The Georgetown, Ontario native’s OHL journey began when he was selected by Ottawa in the third round, 46th overall, of the 2017 OHL Priority Selection Draft. He was spotted by the 67’s after the left-shot defenceman put up six goals and 26 points in 36 games for the Minor Midget Halton Hurricans in 2016-2017.
Peric also recorded a goal and an assist in five games while playing for Team OMHA White at the 2017 OHL Gold Cup in Kitchener.
What else was going on in the world when Lucas Peric was born on January 8, 2001:
- The 67’s were coming off a 5-4 win at home over Barrie the night before. Brendan Bell scored the winner for Ottawa, assisted by Jonathan Zion.
- The top song on the charts was Independent Women Part 1 by Destiny’s Child.
- Traffic was one of the most popular movies, while Curb Your Enthusiasm was a go-to show.
- A gaur (an animal also called the Indian Bison), named Noah, was born, becoming the first animal of an endangered species to be cloned.
- The Ottawa Senators were tied with the New Jersey Devils for the Eastern Conference lead with 50 points and a record of 22-12-6.