Billet Family Program
The Ottawa 67’s Billet Family Program plays a significant role in the team’s success and each individual player’s experience in Major Junior hockey.
It takes a special family to open their homes and hearts to our players and we take the utmost care to ensure our players are placed in healthy environments.
We are currently placing most of our players in the Central Ottawa area.
The players attend a Private school in the Westboro area, but not all players are in high school.
We have some attending College or University, doing Online College and University, etc.
We ask that that billet families treat each player like any other member of the family.
We also expect that each player respects the rules of their billet family; and the rules of the hockey club.
What we look for in Billet Families:
- A player must have his own room, cannot share with a family member.
- A double size bed (or larger) with bedding. Closet space for suits etc.
- A desk, chair and Internet access. Access to a printer is helpful for student players.
- Close access to a washroom. Does not have to have his own washroom.
- Access to Laundry Facilities.
- Completed Police Check of billet parents and any older children living in the home
- Healthy Foods for Breakfast and Lunches to be available for the player to make or take with him to school, etc.
- A warm dinner (which is the key meal as the player is expected to be with the family at this time)
- Note: There are times when the players are expected to attend Team Dinner functions; but they are expected to notify each billet family well in advance
- Parking (not compulsory but increasingly becoming a need) as many of the players have or eventually will have access to a vehicle
- Availability throughout the season from late August (Training Camp) to April ( or May if the team advances to the Memorial Cup)
We do not expect billets to:
- Drive players to school, practices, games or special events.
- Book any medical, dental or other appointments
- Store or wash any hockey gear at their house
Billets are provided with
- A $550 monthly stipend to assist with additional costs (per player)
- (2) home game season tickets inc. pre-season and all playoff games
- A Parking Pass for each home game
If you are interested in billeting a 67’s player and would like more information, please fill out the form below and someone will get back to you.