A Kyle Maksimovich hat trick led the way on Friday night as the 67’s kicked off a three-game home stand over Family Day long weekend with an 8-1 win over the Hamilton Bulldogs.
Along with three goals from Maksimovich, Sasha Chmelevski scored twice and added an assist, while Noel Hoefenmayer, Sam Bitten and Marco Rossi also scored in the victory.
Goalie Cedrick Andree made 20 saves in the win.
Ottawa is back in action Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. when the 67’s host the Kitchener Rangers, followed by a Monday matinee for the Family Day game at 2 p.m. against the North Bay Battalion.
What they’re saying
André Tourigny, Head Coach
“I like the character in our game. The first period was not at the level we expected, but from there, we played a really solid game. We were heavier on pucks, we skated the puck better and we had a lot more possession, we did a lot of great things in the second period that carried over to the third, where we were resilient.”
Kyle Maksimovich, 67’s forward
On those nights where the puck always bounces your way… “Those nights don’t come around very often, so you have to enjoy while you can and obviously look forward to the next game and put it behind you.”
- This win takes the 67’s undefeated in regulation streak to 13 games.
- With two assists tonight, Lucas Chiodo extends his point streak to 12 consecutive games.
- The Barber Poles dominated the faceoff dot with 34 faceoff wins against 22.
- Maksimovich’s first goal of the night was the 300th point of his OHL career.
- The win was Cedrick Andree’s 31st of the year