The Ottawa 67’s completed a trade, Wednesday evening, sending Nicholas Moldenhauer’s OHL playing rights to the Sarnia Sting, for a 15th-round selection in 2022.
As part of the Ontario Hockey League’s defected player rules, the Barber Poles are awarded a compensatory first-round draft pick in the 2022 OHL Priority Selection, having selected Moldenhauer with the 20th overall pick in 2020.
“This trade is the best thing for the Ottawa 67’s, and we wish Nicholas the best in his future endeavours,” said general manager James Boyd, “The Ottawa 67’s will now be in a position to select two players in the first round of the 2022 OHL Priority Selection.”
In return from the Sting, Ottawa also receives seven conditional picks. If Moldenhauer plays a game in the OHL, the 67’s will receive a combination of:
- A 2022 third-round selection (Erie)
- A 2023 fifth-round selection (Sarnia)
- A 2024 second-round selection (Sarnia)
- A 2024 third-round selection (Sarnia)
- A 2025 second-round selection (Sarnia)
- A 2025 third-round selection (Sarnia)
- A 2025 fourth-round selection (Sarnia)
There are no conditions on the compensatory first-round pick, or on Sarnia’s 15th-round choice.